Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Becoming Empty Nesters





The past couple of years we have had so many changes. Out of six children 5 will be married as of Sept. 1 of this year. I just can't figure out where the time went, and how our children grew up so fast. I am looking forward to our home being graced with grandchildren, we do have one amazing grandson right now - but his family lives out of state.



I miss the days of having our home filled with children, and teenagers. It is so quiet now. There is one nice thing about it, Blaine and I get to spend alot of time together - which has been really a lot of fun. I feel like we have a date night everynight. We go to the temple a lot, go to the movies, eat a lot of ice cream and rootbeer floats, take lots of drives and recently our favorite thing to do is to go to the Salt Lake Cemetary and lay blankets out under some trees and just lay there and talk! I love it! It is so fun just to be able to visit without having to worry about our phones, and work and I am sure you know what I am talking about it. It is very peaceful there.


How blessed we are to have such beautiful children, and I feel so blessed that Heavenly Father entrusted us to rear these children. I have thoroughly enjoyed the blessings of Motherhood and now Grandmotherhood.


Blaine and I have been talking about serving a mission in a few years, but for now we are debating on working in the temple or serving as Church Service Missionaries. If it was my choice I would leave now for a mission, but Blaine said we can't leave our business - he has to teach the boys how to run it, or we could come home to no business. I guess that's a pretty good reason to wait. We both are busy in our current callings anyways.


I truly believe that everything is in the Lord's hands, and if we are suppose to serve now it will work out for us. I live everyday of my life as if it were the last - that way I make sure I get many things accomplished - and hopefully live my life a little better, love a little better and try to have a great attitude towards everything.




























1 comment:

  1. Cute mamma! I like your new blog!:) Glad you and dad are having some fun outings together

    ReplyDelete